Saturday, October 3, 2009

A day late

Here's the next part. This part is a little disturbing. You were warned.

Val….
Mmm? I sit up straight, startled. I still can’t get used to her voice. Her attractive voice.
I need your help.
What now? Lately, she’s been giving me tasks, from left to right.
The lovely voice, softens. Stop it. I’m serious.
Okay, sorry. What is it? It’s a rare occasion when she’s serious. Usually, she’s giddy, and bubbly.
There is a girl, she is around your age. She is in trouble. I am not quite sure how yet, but it is bad. I feel a negative vibe coming from her. And it is strong. I need you to keep your eye on her. You know what to do. Dream.
Right. I breathed. Climbed on my double bed. I had to focus, flow out of this body. Like liquid. Ooze out. Slowly, but surely. I began to feel sleepy, then my eyes closed shut right on queue. I could feel myself rise out of this atmosphere, and take my soul to a much farther peaceful place. My eyes flew open. It’s not working.
Try harder. She urged. Getting annoyed. Common you have done this a million times, how come you cannot do it now? Your getting soft on me? Try harder! I tried again. She shouted, and began to plead. Please? I need you to focus, with all your might. You have to figure out what is going to happen. She is in a great amount of danger. She could be hurt!
I hate it when you do that! I thought, rolling my eyes.
Do what? She asked innocently. A silence. I tried again. Tried to detach myself from my body. Tried to search for that girl. I could feel my brain working at its hardest. Searching. Searching for that girl. Who could be dead by now. That made me try harder. I didn’t want anyone to get hurt. The mark started to burn, I felt it. It hurt so bad. Am I doing this wrong?
No. She's trying to enter your body, to make you feel pain. She's trying to make you see it her way. How she feels. The girl. She was…taking over my body. I could feel hatred, pain, depression over come me all of a sudden.
What’s happening? I started to panic, the burn was noticeably painful.
This episode is going to be horrible Val. I am sorry. I am so sorry. She’s too powerful, she is so close to death. What you are now going to feel is death. I cannot stop it. It is too late. If you get through this, you will help her more than you know.
If? Steph…the mark…it hurts. You said it wouldn’t hurt. You promised me. I could feel the mark. It felt as if someone ripped open my arm, yanking and pulling at it. I smelled the blood, I started to gasp. I was bending over now. Groping my arm. Trying to make the burning stop.
I am so sorry. So sorry. She was repeating that over and over again. She started to weep. So sorry Val. So very sorry.
“Make it stop! Stephanie please.” Make it stop. Please! The tears were building up now. Why won’t you make it stop? I was in the corner of my bedroom on the floor, crawled up in a ball. Surrounded by blood. I could smell it. Feel it. It started to form in a puddle. Starting at my right hand, and slowly making its way up to my mouth. The blood was gushing out from my mark. I had no cuts in sight. How is this possible? How am I bleeding? It began to enter my mouth. As if it was trying to suffocate me. I tried to spit it out. I had to swallow, I had no choice. Filling my lungs with blood. I couldn’t breathe. My lungs were almost out of air. I was running out of time.
Hang on. Val. You can do it! Val…. Her voice was starting to fade, everything was fading.
That’s when I felt and heard a tear all over. Legs. Arms. Torso. Feet. Hands. I looked down at my body, and cuts were forming. Left, right, criss-crosses, Xs. They were everywhere.
Just make it stop.
My lungs felt as if they were about to let me down. I could feel my heart beat slow down. Every. Single. Beat. Was. Getting. Slower. My breath shortened, in a panicking way. I couldn’t feel the rest of my body. Everything was numb. Everything.
Make…It…Stop….Make…It…Please….
Everything. Numb. Blood. Everywhere. Lungs. Failing. I. Am. Failing. Stephan….
Val…stay with m-

Mk, so how did you like it? I know it gets a bit confusing about the girl, and the "dream" part, but later on in the story (the part that I just finished writing, in fact) it makes more sense. So don't worry if your confused now, things start to unravel later on!
;)

3 comments: